Snake Bites in Bundaberg – What You Need To Know To Protect Your Pets
We can’t stress enough how important it is to be vigilant when it comes to snakes and your fur babies!
We have seen so many snake bite cases recently in Bundaberg from Eastern Brown and Black Snakes.
Signs of a Snake Bite to look out for in your pet:
– Pale Gums
– Active Bleeding
– Shaking or Twitching
– Dilated Pupils
– Loss of Bladder Control
What to do if you suspect your pet has been bitten:
– Pick your pet up and get them in the car ASAP
– Call us on your way in so we can prepare necessary anti-venom testing
– Do not try to identify the type of snake or approach it, we have testing for this
– Even if your pet appears fine, bring them in for testing as some snake bites can cause an increase in activity and make you think your pet is fine, but time is vital in survival rates and it is not worth the risk!
How to keep your pet safe from snakes:
– Keep your yard clean and tidy
– Keep grass mowed and short
– Dispose of grass clippings immediately
– Avoid walking your pet in long grassy areas or bushland
– Keep shrubbery to a minimum in your yard
If you suspect your pet may have been bitten please call us immediately on 4151 3550.